Sunday, May 25, 2008
Beaded Mask Challenge 2008
Well, I finally finished my mask for the challenge and mailed it off on Friday. I have named her 'Starstruck' for obvious reasons. It was a long process, at least I spent more time than I had originally wanted to. But that is because I beaded the majority of it using size 15's with a Boucle stitch. I did most of the beading on some felt in separate pieces, then glued it to the mask and did a freeform style right angle weave to blend it together. I'm happy with how she turned out. I'm grateful for this opportunity to have been involved in this challenge, especially since I didn't get the mask until the end of February. It was a fun exercise in letting my muse get creative. I loved it and hope you like it too! I really look forward to seeing all 100 masks to see the different things people have come up with.