Thursday, May 01, 2008

First Mask that I made




Since I am involved in the beaded mask challenge and working on my mask daily,  I thought I would post these pictures of a mask that I beaded on about 12 or so years ago. I made this mask from a class I took.  These aren't the greatest pictures and I had them done professionally.  Oh well, at least I can share them here.  I beaded both the front and the back.  (The picture on the right is the back or inside of the mask.)   The mask I am working on now is quite different and a bit larger.  I will post pictures in the near future as I am almost finished.  It's a good thing too since the deadline is 5/31.

4 comments:

Kim said...

oh wow, those masks take a LOT of work!

Noel said...

Barbara, this mask is fantastic looking....if this one is from 12 years ago I can't wait to see what you created this time for the challenge!
Good Luck!

Hugs,
Noel

Unknown said...

Welcome to Art doll makers. I love your work and can't wait to see more.

Maryellen
PS Sorry it took so long. I've been really busy with my kids.

Barbara said...

Thanks so much for the nice comments. And yes, the masks are a lot of work, but since it is a labor of love it feels more like fun than work!